cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second SIM for Data Sharing (Like VF 'Red Business' Plans)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm currently looking at switching from 'Three' to either O2 or Vodafone. VF have some cracking deals and packages at the moment, which I'm very interested in - specifically the 'Red Business' plans which are including loads of free additional data and also offer a second SIM to be used in a second device and which can share the bundled data.

Does anyone know whether O2 offer either a direct competitive product, or any other way of achieveing the same functionality? I'd prefer to go with O2 because the signal at home is marginally better and I've heard very good things about the customer support, which I haven't about VF, but the extra bundled data and especially, the second SIM are killer features that I really want.

I spoke to CS and was really surprised to hear that there doesn't appear to be an O2 equivalent, but I thought I'd try here in case I am missing something.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 do not at present offer this type of shared data sim.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

O2 do not at present offer this type of shared data sim.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry but your not "missing anything"

Would be a good additional service to offer.

Perhaps feed this back to o2.
Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I thought you could share an account with O2 Bussiness accounts but the sim will carry a different number?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Zirynx, welcome slight_smile

Its a really interesting idea and I'll pass it on to the O2 team for you. If you have any other ideas, feel free to post them.

Are there any other parts of O2 that you like the look of (TU Go, O2 Tracks etc)?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 10

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@mi5 share voice and sms but each has a seperate data allowance on the shared tariffs.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Aha, cheers Adam... Thought strange you hadn't mentioned it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the welcome, the comments and the advice.

I'm really surprised that O2 are 'behind the gameline' on this one as VF have been offering it for quite a while. Was keen to go with O2 as my partner has been with them for nearly 10 years and has good things to say about them. Signal performance (in all the places that I've checked with the two PAYG phones/SIMs that I recently purchased) is marginally better with O2 in a few of those places, but not so much that I can turn away from the excellent tariff and SIM sharing structure that VF are currently offering.

If this could be fed back to O2 (I have no idea how to go about doing that other than speaking to a CSR) then that would be good - maybe it might then be available in the future.

In the meantime, all that the O2 CSRs could offer me was a separate data-only contract for the iPad, wich really defeats the whole point. I don't mind buying additional data, but I really want one plan that I can share.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Edited: for typos

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby

Can you feed this back for the OP please.
Message 9 of 10

japitts
Level 4: Observant
  • 79 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Orange offer "Single Number" which covers all 3 bases for making a second device an extension of the first..

- Outbound CLI presentation

- Incoming calls diverted as appropriate

- Full tariff sharing across both devices.

Message 10 of 10