Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed

Djb2357
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been scammed and a new phone was delivered. I have contacted 02 and there is a fraud investigation going on. My tariff has already changed and a substantially more amount of money is coming out of my account this month. O2 say they will reimburse me once the investigation is over. Does this ring bells with other users?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Djb2357 

O2 advice and tips here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Phishing-Smishing-amp-Scams-Latest-info-amp-advice/td-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Djb2357 

O2 advice and tips here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Phishing-Smishing-amp-Scams-Latest-info-amp-advice/td-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6729 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

It's a well known scam now. Not sure this is what happened to you but usually they ask for a code sent to your phone. That gives access to the account.

Sadly people miss this that comes just before the code itself

Screenshot_20230914_134352_Messages.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

Bobbity1234
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

exactly same happened to me .. Just returned device to O2. I also cancelled my direct debits, and have made it clear I will not pay anything to 02 until my tariff is returned to its previous level

Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6729 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

@Bobbity1234 You may rightly feel aggrieved. I don't know what method they used to scam you. I hope you didn't give any codes.

However Cancelling the Direct Debits will put you in arrears and after a couple of months it will pass to debt recovery and trash your credit record.

Wrong, I know, but just to make you aware of what may happen 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

Bobbity1234
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was advised to delete the direct debits by the adviser from 02 that i spoke with

Message 6 of 6