cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 02 vs Carphone Warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have an iphone 5 with 02 on pay monthly.

I phoned up 02 customer services (sales) to ask the best deals for a new samsung note 3.

I told the woman that Carphone Warehouse offers this deal:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/choose-tariff/SAMSUNG_GALAXY_NOTE_3/MONTHLY?viewDealForAll=... Galaxy Note 3

600mins | Unlimited Texts | 750mb Data | Free Phone | £27p/m (on 02 @ Carphone Warehouse).

For some unknown reason 02 directly cant match this deal... Why? There best deal is £37 p/m and £30 for the phone!!

What is the idea behind allowing Carphone Warehouse to do a deal this good, if there own company cant match it or even beat it??

Im aware that this is a deal at carphone warehouse , however even without the deal carphone warehouse on 02 is still cheaper than 02 directly?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can shed some light on this for me.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
O2 don't need to fight for the contract as you are still signing to O2.
You will lose any perks that are associated with buying directly from O2 also, but ultimately, you must go where you think you are getting the best deal......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
O2 don't need to fight for the contract as you are still signing to O2.
You will lose any perks that are associated with buying directly from O2 also, but ultimately, you must go where you think you are getting the best deal......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
This has been discussed many times the independents can offer better deals than the main networks. This is down to many factors like cpw buying in bulk handsets and they then lock to first network.

But if the deal is with o2 then o2 still get the custom for the tariff but warranty etc lies with cpw.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that, just seemed daft to me.
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:
This is down to many factors like cpw buying in bulk handsets and they then lock to first network.

Only applies to iphones.

Message 5 of 10

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Thanks Mi5 thought we had seen others but the bulk buying still applies
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

cpw obiously still take a percentage from the contract, so 02 are still losing out by me not buying the phone from themseleves directly.

Message 7 of 10

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@tom1000 agreed but the extra hassle of having to provide cover required under the sale of goods act, for the small commission cpw may get makes it worth while for o2 in my opinion
Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Also worth noting that Refresh is only available from O2 directly too.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh I see, understood. Probably more than makes up for it then in that case. Didn't think of that.
Message 10 of 10