Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAC - How do I get it Processed?

NeilJonesOnline
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Over the last few weeks I've tried five times to get O2 CS to process my STAC from Three, and they've still not done it.  It's pretty clear from the "I need to check something with my supervisor" I keep getting that no one seems to have a clue about them.

For anyone not familiar, STACs are like PACs, but you don't port your old number.  Basically they mean that you don't have to waste any of your life justifying your change in service provider to your old supplier's retention's department.  You can get your STAC via SMS and, just like a PAC, pass it to your new provider and they then take care of cancelling the contract with your old provider within 24hrs.  Simple?  Not for O2 CS apparently.

I've been told "You'll need to contact your old supplier yourself to terminate the contract" (what do you think the point of a STAC is???), "When you request a STAC, it automatically cancels your contract" (dangerously and expensively wrong advice) and "The STAC will terminate your (brand new) O2 contract which will lead to charges" (no, my STAC is against my old Three contract).

A couple of times I have spoken with CS reps who've convinced me they did actually understand what a STAC was and the required process, but the last one was a week ago and here I am with my old Three contract still live and me paying for it as well as my new O2 contract.

Does anyone know what I have to do to get my STAC processed by O2?  I thought O2s incoming PAC process was always a bit hit-or-miss, but this is really poor.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

Yes, we know about it but not surprised that CS don't !!

@EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2 somefeedback here on training please and some help for @NeilJonesOnline 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag here @MI5! slight_smile 

@NeilJonesOnline This is certainly something that we can help you with. I'll need some info so I'll drop you a message so we can go over it. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3