Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM only to handset - bad credit

Amybug84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had a sim only deal for 6 months and become eligible for upgrade tomorrow. I have horrible (but slowly improving) credit and have been assured the upgrade will not be subject to a credit check, however my question is, will I be limited to very basic/cheap devices or will I (as customer service assured me when I took the contract out) be able to upgrade to any device I fancy?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mobilemandan
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 59 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

Some good news for you, you will be able to pick ANY phone you like.

As long as your bills have been paid on time you will be eligible for an upgrade so can pick any phone you like, and if you pick SwitchUp you can then continue to upgrade to new phones whenever you like with no hard credit check.

The loan for the phone will show on youe credit file still as you pay it off, but wont be subject to a credit check as such which could decline like for a new application so don't worry about that slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

mobilemandan
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 59 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

Some good news for you, you will be able to pick ANY phone you like.

As long as your bills have been paid on time you will be eligible for an upgrade so can pick any phone you like, and if you pick SwitchUp you can then continue to upgrade to new phones whenever you like with no hard credit check.

The loan for the phone will show on youe credit file still as you pay it off, but wont be subject to a credit check as such which could decline like for a new application so don't worry about that slight_smile

Message 2 of 2