cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip Off

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 months into an O2 contract and O2 wants to increase my monthly charge of £35.00 per month by an extra £11.00 per year!  Thieves! 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

If 11.00 increase per year is going to have such a massive impact on your finances to the point of posting this on a forum really should you be in a contract of 35.00 a month. As everyone else has said its in your terms and conditions. 

Theives is someone taking something from you without your knowledge or consent 

You had the knowledge and you also consented   to it when you signed your agreement.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 11 of 12

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
these kind of posts really tick me off. when i upgraded via o2 store, it was one of the first thing they told me about. they were very specific (dunfermline, if anyone is insterested). Every in 2015 when i upgraded via CWP they told me about the RPI.

There was such a kick up a few years back about folks not being told that its first and foremost on the minds of sales people now.

And anyway, its made clear in the term of your agreement. Suck it up, everyone is doing it.

Maybe next time consider pay and go.....
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 12 of 12