Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected o2 contract

Diehardest13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I was looking to get the Sony z4 tablet on contract with o2. Got through the first stage of being accepted then on the day of me picking it up I got rejected.

I looked at my credit rating on the website o2 uses and it 499 out of 600.

I know of things come in to play but I have never been rejected for credit for anything. I've just bought a car on credit that costs £22,000 and that went through no problem.

I've lived at my house for over 10 years and have nothing against me on the credit check report.

If a computer does this check then all I can think of is that something might be misspelt but it looks all good to me.

I really hope something can be done as I want to swap to o2 next from EE next year.

Has anyone else had this problem recently and was it sorted out as I can't think that is it and nothing can be done.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122818 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Not sure why you you were rejected. It could be a number of factors we are unsure of? How often did you try to pay for the device. Repeated attempts using a card will often throw up a warning when computer 'says no'

You could leave it for 24 hrs and try again...or go instore and buy one there?

You could also try contacting Customer Services to place the order. I doubt they officially tell you why you have been refused...but worth a shot http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122818 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Not sure why you you were rejected. It could be a number of factors we are unsure of? How often did you try to pay for the device. Repeated attempts using a card will often throw up a warning when computer 'says no'

You could leave it for 24 hrs and try again...or go instore and buy one there?

You could also try contacting Customer Services to place the order. I doubt they officially tell you why you have been refused...but worth a shot http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

All I can add to the advice given by cleoriff is that if you've taken out 2 credit agreements or more in the last six months, this can affect your chances! You mention a 22k loan for a car, this could affect what O2 think you can afford (whether true in reality or not) and they decline. 

Unfortunately they're not forthcoming with exact reasons for refusals, so it's all a bit of guesswork.

Sorry, it's not great news. 

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Most likely is due to your recent car loan, but do not keep trying with o2 as repeated attempts will result in more failures.
You are best advised to leave it a week or two or maybe after you have made a car payment before trying again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Diehardest13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the replies. I'll wait for a bit and might pop into a o2 shop and try my luck there.
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
They will still credit check you in a shop using the same system so I doubt it will help you in the short term 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
If you try again it will just damage your chances.
Wait 30 days then try again. By that time the payment on your current finance will show as healthy and be a bit more positive on file.
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Usually 700+ is considered a good credit score. Might be worth checking your credit rating with Experian.

Message 8 of 9

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
It may also depend on which credit agency O2 use to check.
Message 9 of 9