Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund deposit

Sehar_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone I’ve paid 375£ deposit. My first three bills are done. I’ve paid in full and there was no late fee charge on any one of them. I was late in 2 occasions but no late charge was implemented on any occasion. Will I be eligible to have my deposit back? When should I ask for the deposit to be returned to my bank account?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@Sehar_ 

If you where late paying then usually the dates reset so you have to wait longer, as you have broken the terms of the deposit scheme.  

I would speak to o2 Payment Management on 0800 902 0217 and they will be able to advise better

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Sehar_
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried talking to them on chat and they say if paid on time you’ll be given your refund back. They said on the system in shows there was no late fee being charged during the first 3 months billing. I thought paying on time means paying within the time frame so no late fee is charged

Message 4 of 5

pgn
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Normally, when you sign up to a new Contract, you are asked for bank details so O2 can set up a standing order for your Device Plan and Airtime and any additional charges - which means O2 take the money on the 14th day after your bill is issued, so no late charges happen (so long as your bank does not deny any of the requests from O2 for funds from your account).This is the best and safest option for paying your O2 bill.

If you choose to pay by other means, then you take on the responsibility for ensuring the payment process begins in enough time for funds to appear in your O2 account by the 14th day after the bill has been issued. If the money is not in there by the 14th day, that is considered a late payment - and O2 can, and do, cut you off if that happens (a pain to get reconnected after that too!). A cheque can take several days (postal and processing delays); a direct or BACS transfer from your bank via internet banking can take up to 5 days, depending on your bank (most are instantaneous these days), and same for a debit or credit card payment.

Your payment history in your MyO2 app will show you when your payments were received by O2 - how to get to that page is explained here; Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? 

I hope your deposit is returned on your next bill, @Sehar_ - it looks good for you, from what you have reported above. Good luck, and welcome to O2! 👍

Message 5 of 5