Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received new 5g phone but sim won't activate

Kyle112
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi so I got my new phone through today. Samsung galaxy note 10+ 5g. I put the new sim in it and hasn't been activated. I have been waiting for about 4 hours so far and it still won't activate. I tried going into myo2 but can't remember my password so I send the code to my old phone and the code that comes through isn't valid. Have tried multiple times. I'm assuming I am to use the new sim as my old one is still on 4g and still active. Can't get on the phone to anyone from o2 as its not considered urgent. Any tips? I went into network mode in settings on the galaxy and 5g/lte/3g/2g is selected on the galaxy.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Kyle112 

Use your old SIM for now and call customer service to activate your new one when it's easier to get through. 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Send SWAP to 20220 from your old sim then follow instructions in reply. Once done wait til your old sim stops working then put your new one in the phone.

Just remember to get 5G you need to be in a location which has 5G coverage.
Message 3 of 7

key
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
how long does it takes to activate the sim after sim swap have had no network for the entire day,?
Message 4 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10155 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@key upto 24hrs, most are done within 30minutes or so
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 7

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Standard timescale is 24 hours.....realistically it takes 10-15 minutes.
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@key wrote:
how long does it takes to activate the sim after sim swap have had no network for the entire day,?

No swap has been initiated yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7