Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill

Teressa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have received a 15.00 GBP additional charge upon my bill for Premium Text messages for 85222, linked to 03330030581. After research I have not made messages to either this this message or to this number.

Can you please explain why. Also after trying to phone O2 CSC the free telephone number comes up as 'Potential Fraud'!

This has more than doubled my monthly charge.

I have got a number of telephone call from a 'Potential Fraud' that has been picked up by my security system on my phone.

Can someone please look at this immediately, I have tried to contact yourselves on 3 occasions but the receiver is placed down.

Failure to answer within 7 working days is breach of Ofcom's complaint procedure and being that I am a Key Worker upon the C-19 7 days does include weekends.

Your immediate responses in writing only please.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Teressa
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff I know all about Social Distancing I work for the NHS Covid-19 support unit.

Working from home does not distract away from providing a service, what if we used Covid-19 and working from home as an excuse not to do our job, what would happen then?

@Payforit_Sucks Can you forward me the email address for Tap2bill again please, got support from our NHS Cyber Security Team slight_smile 

Message 21 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I also know about social distancing and Covid 19... as a retired nurse who worked for the NHS for years and is still involved with it. . .

O2 are providing a service, however limited you may think it is.

I have given you all the contact numbers. Try them.

Please don't put me in the firing line for your problems when I (and others) have given you all the available advice this COMMUNITY can offer.

@Payforit_Suckshas given you the contact details for Tap to Bill above. I suggest you read it again.

On that note, I'm finished on this thread.

I wish you the best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 26

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Teressa wrote:

@Payforit_Sucksare contracted by O2 to look into matters such as this, it says so on their promotional information upon their website.

We are not related to O2 in any way @Teressa . If information on the website indicates otherwise we'd be grateful if you could point it out to us. We area group of unpaid volunteers who provide the help and advice to consumers who, like you, find themselves defrauded by Phpne-paid Services.

You should check whether you are blocking premium texts, either on your phone or on your account. Blocking these texts will stop you seeing them, but doesn't stop the associated charges. This would explain why you can't send a STOP message, and why you are not receiving the texts.

It might be worth reminding you that this is a consumer forum. All the posters on here are O2 customers, just like you. They are not O2 employees.

The truth is that if you are expecting someone to sort this out for you, you will be disappointed. You are the one who needs to be proactive, and contact Tap2Bill to stop the charges and to find out where your money went. We really can't help you if you don't take the advice you have been given. If the advice doesn't work, of course you should come back for more help, but if you fail to read, understand and implement the advice, there really is no more that anyone can do to help. 

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 23 of 26

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Teressa wrote:

@Payforit_Sucks Can you forward me the email address for Tap2bill again please, got support from our NHS Cyber Security Team slight_smile 

Of course.

Customer care number

Customer care email

customer.service@tap2bill.com

Postal address

Tap2Bill Limited
5 St. John's Lane
Farringdon
London
EC1M 4BH
United Kingdom

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 24 of 26

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
Im sorry @Teressa,

But i would rather the NHS Cyber team concentrate on security the nations health IT resources, which they failed in May 2020 and cost the tax payer £92m and actually get a working Track and Trace app.

Don't waste precious NHS resources on this....

https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/nhs-trusts-fail-government/

They wont be able to do anything with your account or contact o2, unless you give them permission to so.

Read the information you have been provided and contact o2, as many have advised you to do.

@Marjo, @LukasB @Martin-O2

Can we lock this thread please..
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 25 of 26

Teressa
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh @Marjo @LukasB @Martin-O2 

Good morning, the link that you placed upon the O2 Community on the 21 June 2020 @ 1324hrs has got nothing to do with either the NHS Cyber Security Teams nor the Track 'n' Trace app.

You have placed a link that relates to NHS Trusts not NHS Digital, they are 2 (two) totally different matters all together. From what I hear upon the news regarding the new App is the 2 (two) portals it has to deal with, i.e: Android and iOS. Both of which have to accept the necessary App.

In addition to this there are matters of Confidentiality, we have to rely upon people reporting their symptoms upon the App.

We don't want to end up like some places where it is forced upon us, that would not be diplomatic.

There is also the transfer of information to that persons relevant trust, they may be on holiday which means upon return home they may have been in contact within another trust.

The matter is an absolute minefield, if you are 'just a geek' and you think you have the ability to solve highly complex matters then come and support us.

Put yourself into an employer position, they're primary care is to patients, family and members. However, to maintain a hard working, motivated and dedicated workforce there also needs to be a level of support too. With a serious shortage of professional staff then the NHS has had to review their working processes, work closely with academies, universities. Promote what we do for a living, however many people do not appreciate this and it is an easier choice to go elsewhere.

As the reporter states, it was only 207 trusts that were reported upon within the country. The Cyber security attacks upon public sector portals are constant and we all have to be exceptionately careful nowadays. After the severe cuts in public funding we do not have the resources to fund the necessary equipment or training to maintain these to 100% and I doubt if anybody does.

If you're so good and clever with Cybersecurity start looking for positions within the public sector to support us in these difficult times. As with all media portals rather than pulling us to pieces take a positive step and place yourself at our disposal to support us rather than place 'if, put, however's in the way constantly. Referring to negative verbal and written gestures that are meaninless to many.

Mr Muncaster states that many trust had reached an acceptable standard 'however' many had not achieved 100%.

A very famous man once said: "a machine is only as good as the person who designed it and the person who places the information into it." Something for everyone to think about, I believe.

Message 26 of 26