cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I fitness scam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Whether or not O2 have any dealings or responsibility in the iFitness scam is questionable but certainly they and the OFCOM ombudsmen do not think they do.This is primarily down to the current regulations that they "abide" by. The companies may be acting inside the guidelines but that does not mean they are behaving in a morally correct manner or even legally.

Anyone who gets these fake charges need to report PM Connect and iFitness to the PSA www.psauthority.org.uk/.

The PSA are already aware of the situation and are investigating so the more information they have the better.

The Basepoint address for PM Connect is just a postal and registration address and no one from PM Connect actually work there.

No one who works for Bounce Mobi, PM Connect or iFitness will tell you where exactly they are based.

The whole company is hiding behind cloak after cloak to make it hard for the general public to find out exactly who they are and prevent you from contacting them directly, not the actions of a legitimate customer focused organisation.

You will also not get any straight answers if you challenge them, They are required to send yo a text to offer you the opportunity to "unsubscribe". They will send it but you will not recieve it, this is a violation of their own regulations but not easy for the public to proove so they rely on you giving up. Don't give up they need to be exposed for the crooks that they are.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All

Whether or not O2 have any dealings or responsibility in the iFitness scam is questionable.....

They don't.

They are the billing agent for services you have bought.

Do you blame Virgin media if someone enters passwords on a phishing site?

Do you blame bt if someone rings a p0rn line? 

No.

The connection is nothing but billing, they have nothing to do with the site or its operations 

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Viridis

I do not Know how you can be certain if O2 have any dealings with PM Connect or not unless you work for one or the other.

But my post actually mostly refers to PM Connect and iFitness anyway. I am trying to make people aware of what is going on and that it would be a good idea that they report it to the PSA, or even Warchdog for that matter. This is clearly an imoral activity and will only be stopped if people step up to it.

Message 3 of 7

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sadly there are users out there who will want the services these companies offer, and there will be a larger number who don't who sign up by clicking an advert in Facebook or other methods.

O2 have nothing to do with this and as @viridis has pointed out they act as a billing agent. They don't know whether or not you willingly wanted to join it.

By all means report PM Connect if they are not abiding by the regulations
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I know it seems unusual if you genuinely haven't signed up for the service...but others are correct. Many people do want access to the facilities these sites offer. They aren't illegal.

Immoral probably if you inadvertently click on a FB link or some other site...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Viridis

I do not Know how you can be certain if O2 have any dealings with PM Connect or not unless you work for one or the other.

Or you use common sense.

Do BT have dealings with adult phone companies? Or is it more reasonable to assume they are solely the billing agent for services billed to them for your usage of a service?

Message 6 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Unfortunately if you've been scammed by one of these outfits, I can understand the utter frustration that must be felt. @viridis is correct though, O2 are literally just the facility used by these companies to bill their userbase.

As long as there's a legit call for these services, they'll be allowed to operate. Hopefully somewhere in the future Ofcom will gain teeth enough to crack down on the illegitimate subscription side of it though. It does seem unreasonable that they've been allowed to continue billing ppl who've not intentionally opted into their service.

Imo there should be a double or triple opt in necessity before they're allowed to commence billing folk.
Message 7 of 7