Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with contract phone

PLOW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Asked last Sunday to transfer O2 pay as you go mobile number to new O2 contract phone. This hasn't happened & now my pay as you go phone has been locked. All my emails,messenger etc were linked to old number. Not able to set up these accounts on new phone due to forgotten the passwords.The pay as you go phone was an old Samsung S4 my wife gave me a few years ago & the new contract phone is the Samsung S10 lite
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

PLOW
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,thanks for your comment regarding the above. I will do my best to get to the nearest O2 shop this weekend (work permitting), but I'm not convinced that the new phone has a faulty sim tbh. The messages from O2 concerning my contract & payments have been delivered to microsoft outlook on the S10 lite & I've successfully used the Samsung smart switch app to transfer my photos,text messages & contacts over from the S4 to S10 lite. I'm still thinking that the number has yet to be transferred ?
Message 11 of 15

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @PLOW , how did it go at the shop? Any progress with this issue? If no luck, let me know and I will escalate this to our Gurus in case they could help further and get this resolved for you.

Message 12 of 15

PLOW
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good morning Margo, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I had no joy when seeing a guru at my local O2 store. I was told to go home & book an appointment for the following weekend & he would then change my outlook password so I could receive my emails again? As I've previously stated ,it's difficult for me to arrange this due to work commitments. Luckily my wife has now been able to sort the problem for me & apart from not having my old number transferred to this phone all is ok.
Regards
Plow
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOLing at Margo

4975D658-0203-4247-A035-0B65FF952128.gif

Glad you got half of it sorted @PLOW 

Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts