Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prefix 18001 not working

MrWizard21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My wife recently joined O2 and got a new phone. However we cannot get text relay prefix 18001 to work. We have used it for years but this is the first time we’ve had trouble and this is only since the switch to O2 (from Vodafone). The call connects and disconnects after a couple of seconds. Calling the number directly without the prefix works without issue.

I got an O2 contract at the same time as my wife with the exact same phone and I’m not having an issue at all.

We swapped the SIM over and prefix 18001 did not work on my phone but my SIM on my wife’s phone had no trouble with prefix 18001. We can confirm it is not a phone issue but a network/account issue.

Can anyone advise? I tried to contact support but kept going round in circles when trying to get in contact so I gave up and hoping someone here can help. I’m concerned that I am not able to make emergency calls on 18000 if I ever need it.

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148972 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@MrWizard21 

Unfortunately we cannot access accounts on here.

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

MrWizard21
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My wife is deaf and she cannot use the phone without using text relay (18001) which does not work so unfortunately she won’t be able to call!
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 148972 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@MrWizard21 

It may be worth registering for assisted services https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Access-For-All/Access-For-You-Registration/m-p/1208916#M370 and I'll ask @O2Lisa to see if she can help in the morning.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

MrWizard21
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. I have got my wife to register.

I have however searched through the forums and found someone stating that in order to use prefix 18001 you cannot have a zero cap. Is this the case? I have a small cap (selected it in error, wanted £0 really) but my wife has a £0 cap. Is it not possible to use prefix 18001 with a £0 cap?
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 148972 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@MrWizard21 

I honestly wouldn't know but it sounds feasible.

Maybe worth asking customer services on live chat to change it to £5.00 cap.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 6 of 7

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5

I'll message you privately @MrWizard21 and look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7