cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlocking - Paygo phone on paymonthly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I liked the Nokia 620 and bought it to use with my pay monthly contract.  I have not used the phone. When I contacted O2 chat to get it unlocked ( for my trips abroad), they say I have to wait for an year and pay £15.

Is this right ? As far as I know,  Paymonthly customers can get it unlocked for free. Isn't it ?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

it may take some time to get through but it is free and will be resolved far quicker than chat in the end

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You'll just have to bite the bullet on that. Much better to actually speak to someone. You're more likely to get a result. Try not to call during lunch hour times. I think it gets very busy then. Hope you get your phone unlocked soon.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called O2 and they said they don't know why my request is taking so long. They have escalated the request to check why it is not done.  I have to wait again 7 working days. In fact, I contacted them on April 1st and they said the request will be escalated on April 1st, but now the new guy says that this request was never escalated.  May be I should not have called on April Fool's day.

With O2, it's likely that I will hit a month before I unlock the phone.

Again, I still remember , it took 9 days for O2 to get my number ported.

Message 13 of 13