cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not in stock but refund will take up to 14 days!

tardis1971
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Upgraded my iphone 7 yesterday and online saying it in stock (the only reason I went with black!!).  Get text this morning to say its out of stock and will take longer to arrive.  

So I ask for refund so I can go to Carephone Warehouse to upgrade today as they have the phone in stock but am told I will have to wait up to 14 days for refund!  WHY when you quick enough to accept my order and take my money?

I havent cancelled the order but need the phone next week.  As explained on the phone I've smashed the screen on my iphone 7 & didn't see the point in repairing as I can upgrade.  However I'm flying to Dublin next week for work so need the phone before then as currenlty just swapping sim's with my daughter.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@tardis1971 O2 don't have a live stock system so you can never rely on the website unfortunately.

Your only option now is to cancel and go the cpw but you'll need to wait for the refund as O2 are so desperate they need to keep hold of your money for anything up to 3 weeks!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They must earn a nice bit of interest keeping hold of your money, along with hundreds of other customers. Must take 14 working days to count it!

Message 3 of 13

tardis1971
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Think you right.... just making others aware they keen to take the money but as you say keep hold of it even though they don't actually have the product!
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sadly we see it on here daily and always advise going in store rather than ordering online.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It happens so often on here so there are many customers this is happening to unfortunately.

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I've never understood it at all to be honest. O2 are certainly the worst but other companies often take 5-7 working days.  Why? They take your money immediately, so a refund is just as easily returned.

Slightly different example here. I shop online for groceries at Asda. If I return any unwanted items in that order, I am refunded the same day. Without fail. So it can be done.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Even Amazon, the world's largest online retailer refunds money usually within 2-3 days. If they can do it, why can't O2? Simple answer is because they can. It's not illegal and they're scamming customers by holding onto their money for longer to earn interest. Despicable practice, and an enormous inconvenience for people who aren't flush with disposable income, and need their money to make a purchase elsewhere. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@BambinoI forgot to mention Amazon. A call about faulty/late/wrong goods will result in an immediate refund on their behalf. It will show in your bank 2  days later.

I had an issue with a couple of Christmas gifts, Called, Refunded immediately without having to send the goods for inspection. (In fact I was told to keep one of the gifts and do what I wanted with it)

They also added a month extra prime for my inconvenience!

Customer service at it's very best.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Amazon are excellent for refunds. I think O2 must be one of the worst large businesses for returning customers' money. It's very stressful especially when this drags on to a month or more meaning customers cant source elsewhere unless they have the disposable income to do this. Many, including myself, don't.

Message 10 of 13