cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone mast down, poor support

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My phone has had an intermittent signal when at home since Thursday, meaning that i cannot send or receive calls SMS easily and cannot make telehone calls.  Checking the o2 status website its a result of a known problem in a nearby town.

My neighbour, who is also on o2 noticed this problem on Wed so is actually day 3.

I contacted o2 support who could not advise when this may be fixed, instead, asked me to telephone a network team.  I reminded the agent that i could not make calls which is why i was logging the call, his advice was to use a payphone or alternate handset!

I asked if he could call the network team as he is o2 and should have been able to advise me of the ETR (Estimated time of resolution) and he couldnt, advising that the team wont be working now! I replied that he had previously advised me that the team were working on the problem right now, despite my reminder that this is day 3 and could not seriously be this bad unless the mast had been stolen.

Unfortunately the conversation became rather circular so i ended the web chat.

What a diabolical piece of support and on this occassion experienced a totally redudant support analyst as the onus was entirely on me to find out the status of the fix to their network.

Disgraceful and pointless service desk, utterly ineffectual to assist or provide information to take the issue forwards.

Simply shocking

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are unable to call CS on 202 due to poor signal you will need to call 0344 809 0202 from a landline.

You will need to speak to CS who will liaise with Network Services for you. On rare occasion you may even be put through but that is the exception.

Ideally you want to try to get through to the o2 Guru Team in Glasgow as they have more info than CS

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
Is there any o2 shops close by u can use there phones 4 free
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunatley O2 will not provide a timescale on repairs or mast upgrades, and say in their Terms and Conditions that they'll fix it as quickly as possible.

Factors such as weather , engineer availability, parts and permission to enter land will all have effects on the time scale. 

We we believe that due to the ongoing work on the masts this is causing congestion which their is nothing you can do at your end to rectify that.  

If you are a contract customer and have home broadband then you could use o2's Tugo app in the interim which works off wifi and uses your tariff allowances. 

TuGo.

Other options such as Whatsapp ,Viber etc exist if on PAYG however the other parties need these downloaded too.

The Online Live Chat is Non Uk Outsourced Callcentres who do have a limited use. It's best to ring Uk Customer Services for assistance.  Contact O2.

Although this will not resolve your pending issue ~ O2 have been known to offer Goodwill Gestures for loss of Service even though they do have Terms and Conditions stating that the service is not fault free and is not available everywhere. 

You our can if you wish levy your compliant here Complaint Form.

I hope your signal returns as Good ASAP. 

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You can check your local mast here, but you won't get any other information from O2: http://status.o2.co.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27626 Solutions
As we have been told officially, many times, the only place for info is the service checker.
I'm not sure who the "network team" is that you are supposed to call either?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are unable to call CS on 202 due to poor signal you will need to call 0344 809 0202 from a landline.

You will need to speak to CS who will liaise with Network Services for you. On rare occasion you may even be put through but that is the exception.

Ideally you want to try to get through to the o2 Guru Team in Glasgow as they have more info than CS
Message 6 of 6