Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment quiry

Billing3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have trouble understanding I'm wanting to change my payment day the day my money come out of my bank for my phone , but they informed me that I would get charged double the amount I don't understand why when I still have to pay this months phone bill and double next month I need help
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

You shouldn't have to pay any extra overall @Billing3, however any change in bill/payment date would mean that the charges on your next bill would be pro-rata.

For example, if you currently have a bill date of 5th of each month for payment by 19th, the bill produced tomorrow (5th September) would include line rental tariff charges from 5th September to 4th October. 

If you ask for the next bill date to be changed to say 15th October, the next bill would be larger as it would include chages from 5th September right through to 14th October.

If you have a Refresh contract, you also have the device plan to take into consideration, and as this is a fixed term credit agreement it cannot be extended beyond the initial 24 month term, meaning that if your change of date request would result in this you may find that you have to pay 2 monthly installments in 1 month to keep within the terms of the credit agreement. This is because the installments cannot be amended on a pro-rata basis.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Billing3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Help
Message 2 of 5

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

You shouldn't have to pay any extra overall @Billing3, however any change in bill/payment date would mean that the charges on your next bill would be pro-rata.

For example, if you currently have a bill date of 5th of each month for payment by 19th, the bill produced tomorrow (5th September) would include line rental tariff charges from 5th September to 4th October. 

If you ask for the next bill date to be changed to say 15th October, the next bill would be larger as it would include chages from 5th September right through to 14th October.

If you have a Refresh contract, you also have the device plan to take into consideration, and as this is a fixed term credit agreement it cannot be extended beyond the initial 24 month term, meaning that if your change of date request would result in this you may find that you have to pay 2 monthly installments in 1 month to keep within the terms of the credit agreement. This is because the installments cannot be amended on a pro-rata basis.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Also, depending on the dates, you could pay twice within the 30 day period, hence the double billing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Billing3 welcome to our community! slight_smile Lots of good info above from our members @Wa10 and @MI5! Please do let us know if you got all the info you needed and understood how the billing works, or if you have any additional questions?

Message 5 of 5