cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for a service that I cannot use: shop not interested and can't call Customer Service

Hestia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am getting so frustrated.

Bought a new tablet: SIM doesn't work (I can't even see its number to use as a reference).  Shop not in the least bit interested and says I have to call customer service - my local store in Leamington Spa which has a reputation for being completely useless won't even let you go inside and so the even more useless employees say that they can't check the system because customers aren't allowed in unless they are buying a new phone.  Can't get through as all options on customer service and there is no sensible place to ask a question like this: the phone line shuts down on me and say 'goodbye'.

Have also an old SIM in an old tablet for which I am also paying - but tablet now defunct.  Can't switch the SIMs.

This has been going on for three months now.  Apparently O2 still can't handle the effects of COVID-19 to talk to customers....  So I am paying for two services monthly that I can't use.  Any ideas?  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@O2Jayne @O2Waqas 

Are you able to help @Hestia ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Cleoriff Thank you for the tag, 

@Hestia I will send you a private message

Thanks 

Waqas 

signature
Message 3 of 8

Hestia
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried your option that you sent to me.  I got through to a recorded message, of course, which asked me which option I wanted.  I selected '1' for 'urgent or complicated query' and was met with an immediate response....  "Goodbye!" said a recorded voice and cut me off.

So...  next?

You said that I can't get assistance from chat because I need to provide a number, which is what is missing from my SIM that doesn't work and never has.  MyO2 account (I've been registered for two years with this) won't recognise my phone number, even though it sends me a security code to that number for account verification.  It includes one new account for a phone (partner's, in my name) and an old SIM-only account, but not my own phone nor my new tablet with the faulty SIM. 

So I am still left paying for two accounts that I can't use and can't find a way to speak to anyone about it because the security feature is the actual problem.  Seeing as there is a store not two miles from my house it is more than faintly ridiculous when they refuse to speak to anyone to help resolve a problem. 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@O2Waqas 

More assistance required please.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

O2Waqas
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@MI5 Thank you for the tag, 

@Hestia I will send you a private message, 

Thanks 

Waqas 

signature
Message 6 of 8

Hestia
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Put data card into mobile phone.  'No service': just as tablet, the device registers that there is an O2 card in there, but won't connect to a service - my phone sim worked perfectly in the same location.  Having found a sim from another account, I've put that into the tablet and it works perfectly.  Tablet (Surface Pro) is working absolutely fine.

So, I am left with the original complaint.  New sim on an account that I am paying for as part of the new contract, but no service and can't get through to anyone to change it as I don't have a number for it.  Still paying for old service that I don't use.  MyO2 doesn't recognise my mobile phone account except to use it for validation.  Can't get through to anyone.  Shop not interested in helping.

Maybe I shall just have to escalate this as a formal complaint, although they are probably all furloughed as well.

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Hestia 

Please wait for a Private Message from @O2Waqas 

To find a Private message, look for this at the top right hand side of the page

Private Message 1.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket