cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay and Go in Spain

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently live in Spain. I have a Pay and Go Talkalot tariff (very old) with a Bolt On Chosen Country Spain which costs £ 5-11 per month. This some years ago was a good deal and allowed me to receive free calls and make calls within Spain and back to UK for 25p/min. I have a duel sim phone with a Spanish sim (voice and data) and the O2 sim (voice only).I like to keep my "old" O2 as a back-up and for use on visits to the UK when I can also add a Data Bolt On if I want data during my UK visit.

Some questions please.

Am I correct in saying that now with new European tariffs using my current O2 tariff in Spain as it is “roaming” can receive calls from UK free and calling within Spain or back to UK will be 4p/min? Do I need to change from the old tariff to a new one to get these rates? When in Spain I am not worried about data on the O2 sim.

It would appear to me that the Chosen Country Spain Bolt On is now a waste of money?

I had a "Live  Chat" and the freeTRAVELON Bolt On was mentioned but I am not sure what that actually does!

Advice would be gratefully received

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You don't need o2 travel but you can make use of the new standard rates.
These should be applied automatically regardless of tariff but you won't need your chosen country anymore as the rates apply to all EU countries (currently).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You don't need o2 travel but you can make use of the new standard rates.
These should be applied automatically regardless of tariff but you won't need your chosen country anymore as the rates apply to all EU countries (currently).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2