cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 so wrong to sell my details

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sick and tired of receiving calls from non O2 companies trying to help me out with my O2 contract which is coming to an end. I have had a total of 25 calls in the last two days. I am fuming, and guess what, unlikely to renew any sort of contract with such a company that believes my contract details are up for sale to anyone who wants it.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think also the DPA was updated again in 2004 but not definite about the date.
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find this quite disturbing, I just left Orange for doing exact same thing. In discussion with 02person prior to signing up I was assured that 02 would never do this.

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I find this quite disturbing, I just left Orange for doing exact same thing. In discussion with 02person prior to signing up I was assured that 02 would never do this.

Hi and Welcome to the Forum,

Which "02person" advised you on this ?

If you check the prior info you can see that stopping this type of contact is relatively easy to achieve.  slight_smile

Message 13 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm sure most networks do this. I've just changed to Virgin broadband and TV and get inundated with offers for mobile phones, both by email and phone calls. I've now opted out of marketing so hopefully that will be an end of it.

Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Every company that sells anything, anywhere will do it unless YOU opt out....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous

Caveat Emptor is specific to the purchase of an item via a source that does not have legal backing effectively.

The issue of a company, in this case o2, selling personal details has nothing to do with CE, it is an issue for the Data Protection Act 1994 as amended 1997

Caveat Emptor is EXCELLENT advice to anyone thinking of parting with money for supply of goods or services.  There are always at least 2 parties to a transaction, and they all have rights and responsibilities.  No point having T&Cs if customers just ignore these in the mistaken belief that the other party will always do whatever is necessary to "protect" them.  The world does not work like that and the sooner potential customers wake up to that reality the better.

Gerry

Message 16 of 16