cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 PAC codes

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have given notice to quit o2 , have requested PAC code via live chat who say eventually after 20 minutes that I have to cancel my notice , sounds a load of b**l**ks to me!

Can anyone help or do I go to a high street shop and sort it there?

Thanks

Nigel (a very annoyed o2 customer of many years)

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
No need to either give or cancel notice. When you use the PAC it automatically cancels your contract.
The only other way of getting your PAC is to call CS on 202, the shops can't help you with that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract notice expires 27th September , I was going to keep o2 until then as I assume I have paid in advance?

Oh by the way , many thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Yeah, you've paid up to then.
Just get your PAC and use it around the 25th as it will take a day or so for the new network to process it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for the reply,  the second paragraph of the link under I WANT TO KEEP MY NUMBER,  HOW SHOULD I CANCEL,  gives me the complete answer , ie keep using o2 until expiration of my notice period the send my PAC code to my new provider.

Cheers , the community board should replace the LIVE CHAT , for speed and information.

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks its nice to have my thoughts confirmed

Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous We have heard of live chat referring customers here before now...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
But remember, if using PAC there is no need to give notice. you will be billed the same either way.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm my patience has been tested , I got through to Customer Service after 20 mins hold and asked for my PAC code, was told that would close my account and I would be charged an Early disconnection fee! I have two phone on SIM only. I said to the nice lady that I had given notice via the live chat and was told no charges as I was giving the 30 day notice.No she said" if I cancelled my direct debit and didnt pay the 50 odd pound fees I would be persued by a debt recovery department." I said "fine I am happy to go to court as I was told no exit fees so what is the point of giving 30 days notice?"

I cannot seem to view my "live chat" previous logs , Very convenient for O2 !!!

Message 10 of 14