Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Swap issues

Orba
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently decided to switch from Pay as You Go to a Pay Monthly contract, on Wednesday I got my new sim and immediately used the 20220 number to start transfering my old number to the new sim. Nothing had happened by today so I decided to phone O2 on the 0800 587 4005 number which seemed to get some results. The number was switched over to the new sim and it seems to be working, I can send and recieve texts and recieve phonecalls.

However when I use the O2 App I get an "Oops, something went wrong" message when I try to look at the account. When I look at my account on "My O2" it shows the old number now on both the Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go accounts. When I click on the Pay Monthly version of the number it shows the Tariff as being the old Pay as You Go tariff rather than the Pay Monthly tariff (the Pay As You Go number gives the same information). The Balance is showing as £0.00 (when the balance should be over £50) and it says I have 0.0MB data left (when I should have over 6GB if I was still on the old tariff and 100GB if I was on the new Pay monthly).

Is this all something I should expect to resolve itself or is there a problem and I will need to contact O2 again?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122964 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Orba 

My O2 should update itself in time.

If having problems then contact O2 again and ask them to reset your My O2

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Orba 

O2's systems fully update around midnight each day, so check backk after then.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Orba , hope you had a good bank holiday weekend! Just wanted to check if your account is looking ok now or if you need any more help?

Message 4 of 4