cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

I own a nokia lumia 800 and up until two days ago I could get the internet and emails on mobile data.  Then there was an issue with one of the masts but apparently thats fixed now but I still can only get the internet when its on Wifi. I need my emails and they will only come through when I wake up my phone and refresh the page with wifi..but dont work at all with the mobile data. What has happened? I mean..it states on the o2 checker that 3g isnt available for my area, but 2g is and now my phone is useless when out and about apart from calls and texts.

I have checked with them that the apn settings are correct and dont know what else to do. It isn't just my phone, my husbands is the same too, so there is obviously issues although they say its fine

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently there is still a mast not working in my area. I was referred to the status checker which is now showing there's a problem instead of saying it's fine wink

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you only have a 2g connection it will be very slow but should still work, eventually. Check that you have 3g enabled in the network settings menu of your phone for times when you are in a 3g enabled area.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was 3G available in your area before the mast issue?

It may well be that there was an issue with the 3G network in your area and O2 have stopped it for the time being until they fix it, Thus updating the status checker to show no 3G in your area.

If there was previously a 3G connection and now only a 2G you would definitely notice the difference, although as MI5 states above, on 2G it would still work but, eventually.
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think there has ever been a 3g connection and I realise it will go slower with the 2g but it still used to work okay. Same as my emails, I dont get them coming through when on the mobile data, I refresh them and it just sticks on synchronize for ages before coming up with error.

Message 4 of 23

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
What email provider do you use?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use hotmail, which has just gone to outlook. And I also have another, a gmail one on my phone too.

I went out earlier to a different place and I got the internet and emails fine because it was 'H'

But as soon as I get back home and it says 'G' theres nothing again. So to me, something has definitely changed the last couple of days because I have been with o2 for 5 years now and had no problems.

Message 6 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
check the status page shows the error is resolved http://status.o2.co.uk

Are you still able to browse the internet slowly?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 23

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It means there is no 3G signal at home which may be because of the recent problems as suggested above.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

No. It is still the same...and so are the other 2 phones in the family who are with o2 as well. So if it is the 2g connection, there is something wrong. 

Message 9 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
can you post what it says on the status checker and not the coverage predictor for your postcode.

Do you get any error messages on the phones?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 10 of 23