cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim - PAYG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to acquire an O2 PAYG sim, but can't find an order page (for an empty sim).

I want one with no credit to test for reception in our area (remote in the country).

Can I order one, or do I have to go into a shop??

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input but I found the problem.

It is the address selector on the site which does not put the address from the postcode checker into the form in the correct manner - for some reason it was not putting in the first line of the address in the correct place, putting it all into the 'number' box and leaving the first line blank.  

The error pages are then not set up correctly to handle the problem and the error directs to a page which does not exist.

I entered the address manually and it worked - so sim now ordered.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Free sim here.
It won't cost you anything until you activate it with a top up.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried that - each time I click 'Send me my Sim' an error page comes up saying 

o2simerror.jpg

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

It's just worked for me so try clearing your cache and cookies or try a different browser.

order.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your input but I found the problem.

It is the address selector on the site which does not put the address from the postcode checker into the form in the correct manner - for some reason it was not putting in the first line of the address in the correct place, putting it all into the 'number' box and leaving the first line blank.  

The error pages are then not set up correctly to handle the problem and the error directs to a page which does not exist.

I entered the address manually and it worked - so sim now ordered.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Glad you're sorted.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 7 of 7