Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone lost in transit

RC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded to a new phone on 3rd April. It was due to be delivered on Tues 7th, DHL delivery status was changed from out for delivery, to 'delayed' - today is the14th April, and I have followed the delay up with both 02 and DHL over 5 days, i have been passed around from piller to post because no one can tell me where the phone is, O2 tell me the order is complete and they have proof DHL received the phone from them, and DHL say they do not have the phone as 02 have not scanned it from their end! 

All of this means nothing to myself as a customer, I just need someone to resolve the matter, but neither 02 or DHL seem to think it is their problem?! Has anyone had a similar problem with delivery of a new phone, and if so how was the problem resolved? I have now spoken to 3 people from DHL and 6 people from 02 customer support,, promises to return my calls were unfortunately unfullfilled promises,, I am really at a loss, and as a customer not feeling very valued, or indeed visable, 02 seem to have closed the door on this...  any help gratefully received, thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144673 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@RC 

It's very simple.

It is O2's responsibility.

Call them and be firm. Insist a replacement is sent immediately.

How to complain https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Your contract is with O2 not the courier. O2's obligation is to get the phone to you. They have to do the chasing round not yourself.

Having said that, it's highly plausible that DHL are having the exact problem that all active companies are facing in the way of staffing issues and workload.

I'm not making excuses for them, the onus and responsibility is for O2 to provide the phone and the service for which they are charging you for' Call them and demand they chase this up for you @RC 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Message 3 of 4

RC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks, yes possible delays are understandable indeed, although sadly the level of follow-up service from customer support and attitude from 02 is not excusable, they are so very different when you are speaking to the upgrade team!! 

Message 4 of 4