cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New number

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just been issued with a new number due to being scammed.  I need to change the number on my account from my old one to my new.   Can someone tell me how to do it?   I have the new number ready to enter, but just can't find the correct place to do it slight_smile   Help!

Message 1 of 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92922 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Better just calling customer service. Your number should update automatically, you don't want to be linking accounts at this stage.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 customer services will help you.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

The new number may take a little while to latch to your account.

You can also link accounts to your myo2.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/link-accounts/m-p/419548/highlight/true#M31491
Message 2 of 33

jonsie
  • 92922 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Better just calling customer service. Your number should update automatically, you don't want to be linking accounts at this stage.

Message 3 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying.  Customer Services gave me the new number over the phone and said I could go online to my account and change the number there directly.  The only place I see that a number can be changed is the contact number and, as I don't have any other numbers to link to, it won't let me do this.   The new number is due to the scammers accessing my bank account through mobile banking, so I don't want anything to link to the old number.

Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the number has just been associated with your account it can take a short while I believe.
Message 5 of 33

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
CS should have provisioned a number port so it should be done automatically.
Your number in your "My O2" will also change over automatically...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks....will just have to have patience I reckon...lol   I was told it would take up to 24 hours to become active, but that I could enter the number directly into my account on here.   So.....breathe and wait Popcorn

Message 7 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure all will come good.
Message 8 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont worry it should change over itself in a short time

Message 9 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks