Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract from 3rd Party but keep my number

KennyN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, I’ve been with O2 for 16+ years and now I’ve seen some brilliant O2 contract with 3rd parties out there because of Black Friday.

What I’d like to know is that if I get a new contract through the 3rd party site (but still on O2) can I port my number across after? I can’t seem to buy the new contract / phone and keep my number as it recognises that I’m already with O2.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@KennyN 

Just get your new contract then call customer service to migrate your old number to the new contract.

This will also end your old contract immediately Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@KennyN 

Just get your new contract then call customer service to migrate your old number to the new contract.

This will also end your old contract immediately Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

KennyN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Amazing thanks very much, I thought as much. Plenty of info online about switching networks and keeping numbers, but not keeping the number & network. Thank again!
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Not many of the networks allow it @KennyN but you're lucky that O2 do.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4