Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User Billing

Retep
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am new to O2 and ordered two new Pay Monthly SIMs on 1st July. SIMs not yet arrived (Sunday 5th July) and have therefore not been activated. VERY unhappy that am being billed for both SIMS from 2nd July.

Not only sharp practice but probably illegal to be billed for a service that is not being provided. It is the simplest thing to link activation date to contract start.

It is not just the couple of pounds that this costs - although, if you do this to all subscribers, you are on to a nice little earner.

I thought that Vodafone was poor, but they never pulled such a despicable trick. Am considering returning SIMS (if they arrive), not activating and demanding any monies that you take , be returned under the distance selling regulations.

I also have a PAYG SIM that I used to check your network strength, at home. This will also remain unused, after this problem is solved!

Oh, and by the way, I have placed other orders with other organisations (4) on or after 1st July, and all have been delivered - YES by the Post Office!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Retep 

You need to contact O2. All numbers are in this guide.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Retep 

You simply have to call customer service when the SIM cards arrive and they will reset the start date and refund you for the days without the SIM cards. 

There's no need to get worked up about it. 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Retep
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for that @Cleoriff - it is appreciated.

Unfortunately, my experience with them when I was enquiring about joining O2 was not fantastic.  I had taken the precauution of getting an O2 PAYG SIM for my spare travel iPhone and tested the network - I was trying to check tariff for new customer with 2 iPhones  on best joint tariff:

Transcript of conversation 1st July (edited to remove identifiable data) follows:

Wed 1 Jul15:11  If you do not have PAC now, that's fine. You can do it once you get the new sim delivered.
Wed 1 Jul15:11  Could you please help me with your post code to check the network coverage?
Wed 1 Jul15:11  No problem - please remember I would like 1 of the new sims to be e-sim
Wed 1 Jul15:12  PO2x 3xx - PAYG getting 5bar 4g signal indoors on PAYG
Wed 1 Jul15:19  Anyone there please
Wed 1 Jul15:31  Now 20 mins with no response - please respond
Wed 1 Jul15:39  Sorry - Must go You have my details via my "My O2" account - userid.co.uk PAYG 07xxx 7xxx11

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions
@Retep,

That sounds like a disconnection issue, with the agent, you could have easily checked the online coverage checker yourself, as that is all the agent will have been doing.

Unfortunately disconnects happen with all live chats across many orgainisations.

You also probably confused them with mentioning esim , which has nothing to do with signal strength.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5