Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Bill but no sing of £300 given back

NOVATROOP77NI
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I believe this is my 3r4 or 4th bill already but no sign of my £300 deposit back its still showing under the deposits they hold bit in my bill.

NOVATROOP77NI_0-1654586289455.png

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

NOVATROOP77NI
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Seems to have been refunded today but was used against my airtime bill that I was just about to pay.

How do I now get this released

NOVATROOP77NI_0-1654701093632.png

Message 11 of 20

NOVATROOP77NI
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Why is my account now showing £288 owed what the [censored language removed] is going on here @Cleoriff @lewys-gp 

NOVATROOP77NI_1-1654701240867.png

Message 12 of 20

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35921 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

As per the link posted by @Cleoriff above, @NOVATROOP77NI:

What is a deposit refund and how does it work?

We may need to take a deposit from you when you buy a device from us. If you make your first three monthly payments in full and on time, we’ll automatically transfer the deposit to your airtime billing account in the fourth month.

This credit can remain on your airtime account and be used to pay your monthly airtime bills until it’s been used up. You’ll still need to pay for your Device Plan during this time.

You can get in touch with us to arrange a deposit refund.

How long will my deposit refund take?

Deposit refunds can take up to seven working days for BACS and 14 working days for cheques. This may take longer over weekends and bank holidays.

Message 13 of 20

NOVATROOP77NI
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

They already took the deposit at sign up !!!!  This has been me battling for the return read the full context of the thread before u post next time something I already no @pgn 

Message 14 of 20

NOVATROOP77NI
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

And your wrong it can be returned as cash after its been paid.

Message 15 of 20

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, @NOVATROOP77NI. I removed a bit of your sentence, as even though censored, it could potentially be offensive to others. It looks like you're in £282.68 of credit to me, as there is a minus sign.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the team at O2 about the previous query. @Cleoriff may have more to add about your recent comments.

Edit to reflect new comments: please be friendly to other community members, as they are just customers like you and trying to help.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 16 of 20

NOVATROOP77NI
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Its being refunded now am on the phone to them said 3 - 5 days just it was going to pay another debt so why i was worried thanks folks and sorry was just a bit high strong lost my father two alzhimers two months ago 

Message 17 of 20

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

No problem, @NOVATROOP77NI. Sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope the money is returned to you ASAP. I'm glad @pgn @Cleoriff could help as much as they could 👍. Thanks for joining the community, and please feel free to post again.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 18 of 20

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35921 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

@NOVATROOP77NI wrote:

They already took the deposit at sign up !!!!  This has been me battling for the return read the full context of the thread before u post next time something I already no @pgn 

I did read, @NOVATROOP77NI - glad to read on subsequent posts that you've got what remains of your deposit on its way back to you.

Sorry also to hear of your late father, my condolences.

Message 19 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Sorry to hear about your father @NOVATROOP77NI.

Thankfully, at long last, the money is being refunded to you.

I'm still annoyed that you were given wrong information on more than one occasion.

It's the last thing you needed. xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 20