cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola e5 play. Wifi calling disabled but still can’t send MMI.

jiver2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My device is a Motorola e5 “play”

I want to extend the ring time before divert to voicemail from the default 10s

I send the code **61*901*11*30# but get the message “call forwarding connection problem or invalid MM I code

Wi-Fi is turned off and I have tried toggling air plane mode.

I can find no setting on the phone to disable Wi-Fi calling

Called 202, they disabled Wi-Fi calling in my account.

But still getting the same message.

What do I try now? I will go back to 202 on Monday during 9-5 and report an issue

Could it be my phone is not supported? I am a transferred Virgin customer but it wasn't a Virgin phone. Currently Android 8.1

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

MMI codes have never worked reliably on O2 since they introduced wifi calling.

Quite why they work on some phones and not others is just one of O2's mysteries.

I seem to recall that they would end on Samsung devices as long as you used 3g to send them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 21

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6779 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Forgot about the 3G hack as I've had my answerphone on O2 turned off for ages

However, tuning off WiFi and selecting 3G as the network mode I can confirm I was able to set the delay to 30 seconds.

My EE SIM in the same phone requires no such fiddling.

Just another O2 feature

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 12 of 21

jiver2
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oxonian and MI5, I did go back to o2, this time I spent a lot of time while the person tried to find out whether wifi was still disabled, but she wasn't even able to do that. I suppose I will have to go back to them a third time tomorrow. I have also taken the phone into the local o2 store where two guys tried various things but with no success. They have installed a new SIM even, with no effect.

Message 13 of 21

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6779 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

@jiver2 Have you tried what I did yesterday. Turning off WiFi and setting network mode to 3G only?

Worked on the Samsung where previously it didn't 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 14 of 21

jiver2
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes Enlli, tried several times. I have also found out how to do a "comma" which people have advised to end the MMI message with, on phone keypads that don't have a comma, you press the 3 dots at top left and select 2 sec pause, a comma is then added

Message 15 of 21

jiver2
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Found out in this earlier thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/How-to-Lengthen-Ringtime-on-any-O2-Mobile/td-p/362784/page... about having to send the MMI code twice and that 2 calls are required. Does this rule apply only if I do actually want to reactivate wifi calling? Should the MMI code work the first time if wifi is left disabled? Also some terminology confusion. @NC201 mentions reactivating LTE. Is this same as wifi? If not, what is the difference, between all 3, presumably I DO want 4G back

Message 16 of 21

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@jiver2 

It's nothing to do with 4g or LTE.

It's purely a conflict between MMI codes and O2 wifi calling.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 21

jiver2
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

OK, well that gives me a better focus. What about the fact that I cannot turn it off from the device, nor from MyO2? I can turn off Wifi but is that the same? NC201 advised turning off LTE and 4G as well. Presumably that was a "cover all" advice that at least would be harmless?

Message 18 of 21

MI5
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@jiver2 

LTE and 4g are the same thing. This probably stems from the Samsung needing 3g hack that I mentioned above.

Turning off wifi is not the same as disabling wifi calling but I have no idea why you can't control it, sorry.

I just switch it on and off in my phone settings as needed.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 21

jiver2
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update, I bought a new phone with Android 13 and now I can send MMI code so I have messaged o2 support they can cancel this case, many thanks, I have no idea what could have caused the problem. Old phone? Android 8? About the pre requisite asking o2 network support to disable wifi calling, is that necessary for any phone ? I was wondering whether to ask support to re'enable it now ?

Message 20 of 21