cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly charges.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What, if any, are the advantages of getting a mobile phone from an O2 High Street outlet. I have done so for a fair few years now, mainly out of habit, am I missing a trick? My 24 month contract finishes in July, and I have been researching which device to get next, I've wittled it down to the LG G3 or Samsung Galaxy A5, although the choice of phone is actually irrelevant. I can stay on the O2 network, but get what on face value seems a much better deal, form Carphone Warehouse. I have no arguments with O2, they've always been helpful, but do I really want to pay more every month for exactly the same tariff, and I should say that O2 refresh doesn't appeal to me. I welcome comments from members, apologies if this query is a bit wordy! 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Independents such as CPW subsidise the handsets so that's why the deals are cheaper but beware of hidden costs like insurance

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Well if Refresh and O2 Open are not appealing then definitely go for the cheapest deal. You don't get any difference in anything else by upgrading via the O2 store. Save your money and go to the independents.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I agree, if you don't want refresh and don't get any O2 discounts then just go for the cheapest deal you can find.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Independents such as CPW subsidise the handsets so that's why the deals are cheaper but beware of hidden costs like insurance
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply.
Message 5 of 5