I'm struggling connecting to my new mobile wifi box, any tips? TIA

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Assuming you can see the WiFi hotspot listed just click on it and enter the password on your documentation or as on the sticker on device.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

A bit more info - what make/model is it and what kind of device you trying to connect?

I'd say initially that you may need to change the channel on the device itself as there may be conflicting wifi channels from nearby routers transmitting on the same channel. 

Or more commonly seen is that you are entering the password incorrectly. It's likely to be case-sensitive so for example "mypassword123" is not the same as "MyPassword123". 

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a message that wifi is connected but no internet though the signal is very good

Message 4 of 7

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Is this on PAYG or Pay Monthly? Sounds like you may not have paid for a data bundle if on PAYG - you may need to access the admin screens on the wifi device to check and register.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Most likely that you need to top up the sim.
Go to www.mbb.o2.co.uk when connected.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @Sapper and @Anonymous! How are you doing today with the mobile wifi - were the suggestions above useful or are you still having issues? Please let us know! slight_smile

Message 7 of 7