cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages not reaching my phone from a specific number - why?

beevo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My daughter and I have both o2.uk network sims using Pay as you go. For some reason I cannot receive any texts from her number. She can call me, I can call and text her. But I cannot recieve ANY texts from her. If she wants to text me she has to send the text to my other phone on o2.IRL network (we live on the border in N.I. and get both services).

This means of course - apart from the inconvenience, that she can't take advantage of the free texts (we usually top up in £15 to get free calls and texts). But also even when paying she can't text my o2.UK phone (which is often the only phone I have with me)

We have tested using the exact same text sent to my UK and my IRL sims - only the IRL phone gets the message.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening. Is there something that she or i have to 'set' on our phones to allow me to receive her texts?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Do you have a Samsung by any chance? Or a phone with a blocking facility? Worth checking in the message settings that you haven't accidentally blocked her number.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Do you have a Samsung by any chance? Or a phone with a blocking facility? Worth checking in the message settings that you haven't accidentally blocked her number.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you've not accidentally blocked the person then you could ring O2 customer services on 4445 to have your account checked and reset.

You could try clearing your text logs and delete the persons number and re enter it into your contracts. I've read this sometimes helps.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I don't think this is an account issue. TBH I'd put money on the number been blocked in the text app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with you MI5.

If it's hit at all angles hopefully a resolution will come. wink
Message 5 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Lets resolve things on the handsest level before costing the op 25p to find out nothing is wrong on the payg  account.

To the op what handset then advice can be given

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 9

beevo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Jonsie. You were right. Don't know how that happened but the number was in there. I didn't even know this tiny little Samsung phone had the ability to do that otherwise I would have looked for something like that. I thought it was perhaps a code that was sent to O2 and they were blocking it. Thanks again.
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
We see it quite often on here.... Catches a few people out that one does slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good result.
Message 9 of 9