cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2 - how do I know if money is owed?

Hansakura
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently left O2 and received an email about the final bill saying “Your bill is now ready. There is nothing to pay this month.” However it doesn’t say if O2 owe me anything. I am unable to log into My O2 now- I assume because my contract has finished. Does anyone know if O2 will send me a letter by post to confirm if they owe me money? I can never get through to customer services (it took me 50 mins to get through to tell then I was leaving and that was before the coronavirus outbreak). I saw some old posts in this forum that mentioned a claim form, but is it correct that this form no longer exists?
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Hansakura 

Any money owed to you will be refunded to the account that was used to pay the bills from.

If that changes or the direct debit is cancelled, you will need to call to get a refund.

This can be done up to 2 years after the account is closed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Hansakura 

Any money owed to you will be refunded to the account that was used to pay the bills from.

If that changes or the direct debit is cancelled, you will need to call to get a refund.

This can be done up to 2 years after the account is closed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2