cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late to pay my bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a bill to pay for my pay monthly IPhone 6, I am due to pay it on the 15th but won't have the money available until 2 days after. I have always payed my bill on time. Are O2 very strict about this? What should I expect from them? Please let me know.
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You need to call customer service first thing tomorrow. 202 from your mobile. It's a free call. It's not certain how they will treat this, but as you're calling before the due date it may go favourably for you. We are all customers here, so no one can say for sure.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You need to call customer service first thing tomorrow. 202 from your mobile. It's a free call. It's not certain how they will treat this, but as you're calling before the due date it may go favourably for you. We are all customers here, so no one can say for sure.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes they are very strict but you must call as said above so they can put a note on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes they are strict about bills being paid on time. However if you give them a call on 202 they may be able to change your payment date. The worst thing you could do is not call them

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Best to call for sure but even putting a note on the account will probably not stop the automated system kicking in and putting a restriction on calls. Two days is probably borderline and you may possibly be ok.

Message 5 of 15

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
It would be best to pay on time. Couldn't you get a small overdraft?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
or even borrow the money of someone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou for your responses, I'll take all your advise and call 202 later on this morning to try and change my billing date (if they let me) they cannot fine me can they?
Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thankyou for your responses, I'll take all your advise and call 202 later on this morning to try and change my billing date (if they let me) they cannot fine me can they?

They can't fine you as such but they can restrict your service. You wont know until you ring them. At least they could put a note on your account if you get a sympathetic advisor. The best time to phone is first thing about 8.30am

Good luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous No, they can't fine you, but they can do as @Cleoriff says or stop your service completely. If they do that, not only would you have to pay what you owe, but you would also have to pay a reconnection fee, so it's best you get this sorted out before you reach that point. Please come back and let us know how you get on. It's always a help to know how you fared if there are others who are in a similar situation. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 15