cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping old number

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had a contract with O2 for around 8 years with the same number but the contract is in my dads name. The only way I could have it in my name was by taking out a new contract. I was told in store that I would have to get a new number and couldn't keep this one. Am I able to transfer the number in anyway as changing numbers is a bit I a hassle with work etc!
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your Dad can ask O2 to transfer the number to your new account, but you can't do it without his permission.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your Dad can ask O2 to transfer the number to your new account, but you can't do it without his permission.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
CHANGE OWNERSHIP.

O2 can transfer your number onto a third parties account, but the third party would need to set up a contract in their own name first.

You and the third party would then need to speak with our retention team to arrange the transfer. Once your number has transferred, your account will be disconnected.

If you do this before the end of your contract, you’ll be charged for the remaining months of your contract on your final bill.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
The contract in my dads name has ended but not been cancelled as of yet and Ive just taken my own out although I don't pick the phone up for a week. If he rings O2 when I have the new phone we should be able to transfer the number?
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, correct and it will cancel his contract.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5