cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined O2, can't get another PAC code, help!

valeriecherish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I'm having a bit of a nightmare time of it!

I just joined O2 rolling plan this week from GiffGaff. I changed because I need a plan that includes roaming in Canada for visits I make occasionally and I mistakenly thought a travel add-on could be added to this plan.

So now I need to switch my PAYG plan to a Pay Monthly 'Plus' plan that includes (as advertised on the website) 'Roam at no extra cost in 75 destinations worldwide, including the EU, the USA, Australia and Mexico' (includes Canada in the full list).

My understanding is that I need a PAC code to keep my number again when I move from PAYG to PAYM. I used a PAC code already this week to move my number from GiffGaff. When I text to get a new code, nothing happens, I get no reply. Is there some kind of limit on how many times I can do this in a set period?

I tried calling O2 twice and get a frustrating hard sell on different contracts that I don't believe include the roaming benefit I need, and one rep also told me I don't need a PAC code, he can change me over and the best idea is just to set a spending cap for my travels to Canada. This is absolutely not what I want, and the roaming facility really is the only reason I moved to O2 in the first place. I am now on hold to 'retentions' to try and get the code, 15 mins so far, and anticipating another hard sell.

I am getting quite frustrated that I now can't even get a PAC code, I just want to buy the PAYM package online myself and move over in the next week before I travel.

Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions

@valeriecherish 

You don't need a PAC.

Apply for the monthly contract sim you need, then, if accepted, contact O2 to migrate your number.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions

@valeriecherish 

You don't need a PAC.

Apply for the monthly contract sim you need, then, if accepted, contact O2 to migrate your number.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

valeriecherish
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, if only the O2 team could give an answer as clear as you have!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 146286 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28161 Solutions

That's why we're here @valeriecherish 😉

Message 4 of 4