Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect bill

JLB55
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, having received a letter saying my contract was ending mid January that I would move on to a 30 day rolling refresh contract, this reducing the bill by £11 per month. Appraoching 4 months past the contract end date I am still paying the same amount per month? No amount of searching on the site comes up with guidance on what to do or who to contact for correction and refund. I am looking at a new contract but in the current situation it became less urgent. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You need to call O2 then choose any of the options, fraud etc
Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
The best number to get through seems to be
0800 587 4005

Message 2 of 9

JLB55
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for advice - got through first time!

Interestingly there is very little acknowledgement that there is an error, but choosing to hide behind the fact that infact the O2 relationship with Carphone warehouse came to and end 4 May and that is when the new payment starts from! This isn't what the letter says ....although sneakily its a standard letter that isn't actually dated, even though I know it was received in Dec or Jan, around the time of contract expiring and says new charge starts 30 days after receipt of this letter!

Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 4 of 9

JLB55
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Who knows....I wasn't going to lie down and die and just accept a nonsensical argument about Carphone Warehouse as the reason, which seems to be irrelevant in the context of the letter. I insisted it was escalated given I have the letter and the O2 person didn't and certainly limited knowledge of the content. But with organisations like this I will remain hopeful, but not optimistic - it will be a pleasant surprise!

Message 5 of 9

MichelleMason
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. On receipt of my Feb/March bill I called in (17.3.20) as there was an extra c£65 cost so I queried. The call handler informed me whilst I was transferring via Singapore onto Heathrow as I had used the internet this cost was applied. As I had absolutely no knowledge of this the call handler kindly offered to apply a £50 credit to my next bill (April). This has not been applied and I cannot speak with the call centre further due to current circumstances. I would be grateful if this could be looked into and duly applied as offered in my telephone call on 16.3.20.
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122947 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MichelleMason 

This isn't O2 and you would need to speak to them. All numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

JLB55
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Up date: 3 months credit eventually agreed! Result!

Still a struggle as O2 staff didn't understadn there were letters issued to customers with contracts ending, especially Carphone warehouse related contracts. Trying to argue that the change is only effective in May when their relationship enededwiht C/phone w/house e.g its a new change from May....I didn't accept this point! ....this is also despite the O2 website publishing AUTO SAVE which is exactly the scenario I had e.g contracts are automatically changed when completed.

But goodness it took too much pushing to get there and 4 different conversations!

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions