cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Bill, Harassing Messages + O2 Disconnecting Me

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having more than a few issues with O2, the story so far:

Around the 11th November 2012 I became eligible for an upgrade on my account, I chose to switch to a Simplicity Tariff (£10.50 p/m) along with re-adding the data bolt on I had (£6 p/m).

The first issue is O2 decided to cancel the data bolt on at the time of the upgrade (early Nov), but only start it again a month later when the new Simplicity tariff kicked in (early Dec) - I was unaware that this had happened resulting in around £20 worth of data charges on my bill. This seems a bit stupid - surely my data bolt on should continue for the month too. Anyway I'm pretty annoyed with having to pay the data charges.

Then the plot thickens, on the 5th December, someone phoned O2 and fraudulently ordered an upgrade on my account, changing my account to a 24month ~£44/pm tariff, and getting a new Samsung phone delivered to a random address - somehow O2 think this is acceptable. I noticed this when my phone stopped working - the case was handed over to the fraud team.

I cancelled my direct debit to prevent O2 taking any money from me as my bill was now wrong. I was informed by the fraud to just log on to online o2 and pay the amount I should be paying (£16.50 p/m based on the Simplicity tariff). This has been done.

Now my bill is due on the 25th of the month, and since the 25th Dec I've had no-end of problems with my account. Text messages arriving regularly threatening to cut my phone off if I don't pay my bill. Again I contacted O2 to confirm this was OK - this of course required phoning a chargeable number to O2 and wasting more money on getting it sorted. Again, I was informed to just not pay the incorrect bill and that everyone will sort itself out.

Several times my phone has actually been cut off. Once I was still OK to phone 202 and get it turned back on - although it took several calls with different operators - seems like no-one really had any idea how to deal with this.

The 2nd time I was cut off my phone was completely blocked - I don't have a landline - I don't want to burden other peoples phone bills with the cost of phoning up O2 to get it sorted - so a trip was made to an O2 store - along with wasting more time explaining the problem to the person on the other end of the phone. Cue my phone being re-enabled and being told that by the time next bill came out, everything would be resolved.

Surprise surprise, the next bill arrives, incorrect as expected. I'm still getting what seems like a regular amount of harassing messages threatening to cut my phone off or pay the bill. I have no idea if / when my phone is going to stop working.

I'm still without a data bolt-on on my tariff. I still have charges for data being applied. I've paid money getting in touch with O2 and wasted time going to O2 stores to try and get my account sorted. My bills are still wrong and I'm still getting told I'll be cut off if I don't pay it.

Its got to the point of being beyond ridiculous. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do? How to kick O2 up the backside and get this problem fixed. And how to get the money back for the data bolt-on screw up + the cost of calls to O2. Maybe I should just send them an invoice. And to stop the constant threat of being cut off.

Dan

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The most obvious suggestion is to stop dealing with them by phone - put and get everything in writing - email or postal.

Also - make a formal complaint covering the whole problem rather than reacting as each problem arises (aka "crisis management").   You should be able to get a single point of contact - vital when dealing with interconnected problems which are all one and the same to you but are probably handled by several departments by them.

You can ask for suitable recompence for any costs you've incurred unfairly.  O2 may not give a "refund" or "compensation" as those terms can have legal implications but they may offer a "good will" payment.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

The most obvious suggestion is to stop dealing with them by phone - put and get everything in writing - email or postal.

Also - make a formal complaint covering the whole problem rather than reacting as each problem arises (aka "crisis management").   You should be able to get a single point of contact - vital when dealing with interconnected problems which are all one and the same to you but are probably handled by several departments by them.

You can ask for suitable recompence for any costs you've incurred unfairly.  O2 may not give a "refund" or "compensation" as those terms can have legal implications but they may offer a "good will" payment.

Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Make a formal complaint and O2 will get it put right, it's quite possible they will add something to help with any costs you have incurred too.

O2 Compaints procedure:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I shall get everything documented and sent via the complaints procedure
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for providing a link to the complains procedure. Much appreciated
Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Let us know how you get on.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6