Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming mobile numbers not displayed

grahamm7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife has just purchased an LG K4 Smart phone and is with O2 on pay as you go.  All her mobile numbers on the old SIM card (pay as you Go with O2) that was in her old Dumb Samsung phone have been transferred on the SIM Card to the new SMART phone.  However when any one rings her (who is in her mobile LIST on the SIM card) the number is not displayed on the phone.  It just says Private Number !!!  I have searched all the settings to see if something needs setting can't find anything relevent.  I then transferred a VCF card for me (husband - techie fix it guy!) to her phone.  This works on my LG K4 with Virgin Mobile.  The contact list displays all this information ok. If I ring her new LG 02 phone it still shows me (against the new VCF transferred info) as private number.  Any ideas out there. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Go into contacts and then settings and transfer sim contacts to phone.
This should enable the caller ID.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps they have caller ID set to off???
Message 3 of 3