cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls and sms issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, was hoping for some advice with issues I've had with reciving calls and SMS on Saturday that O2 haven't been able to help explain. As I work on an on call system for a hospital covering emergencies, I rely on my mobile phone when I am required to be made avalible for emergencies in the hospital.

On Saturday, my phone was being used for my on call, and attemps to call me, and SMS me were made but were not recieved despite my phone being on and O2 saying no issues with the network occured in my area. The phone was sitting on my charger, turned on seemingly acting as normal. I've never had any issues of this nature before with the phone either. It's an iPhone 5 and is up to date with its software.

I later found that several attempts were made to reach me, but calls went straight to voicemail. About 8 hours later, the voicemails and texts reached my phone all at once, while prior people were able to reach me via iMessage. I had been checking the phone was reciving signal throughout the day just to make sure and no issues were found. No simmilar issues have seemingly occured since that I've been made aware of.

Has any one else had similar issues or are able to explian why this could have happened? I'd appreciate any information anyone can offer.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

see your duplicate thread

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 2