cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I fitness scam

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed after checking my bills, I fitness had been taking £10 per months from my account. I had not signed up to anything?

rang o2 who promised me that if I text stop. It would stop.

it carried on for another month.

Watch out....it's a con...check your invoices.

kelly

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you really sure that it nothing to do with O2 they are accepting payments against your account and processing them in your monthly invoice. They also remit the proceeds to the Company concerned, and working on the basis that they do not do this for nothing, and they receive a commission for this activity. This it is thought makes O2 an agent for ifitness and therefore gives them some responsibility because it is known as a scam. Additionally if they give an O2 customer a refund they can delete it from the next payment to O2. In my case I do not have an ifitness app on any of my devices, I have not purchased an ifitness app, I have no emails or messages from ifitness and after 2 chat sessions with O2 and a request for an email of the chat plus I informed them that I would take the subject to OffComm, the Ombudsman I received credit from O2 plus this Company was blocked from making any further charges against my account

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Made a mistake should have said if O2 give a refund to a customer they can delete it from the next payment to the owners of the ifitness app

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
All o2 or any network will take is the cost of the text message.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13