cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel my current pay-monthly tariff, and get a new pay-monthly tariff?

bekcol93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone changed to a different tariff with 02 and been able to cancel their old tariff, but keeping the same number?

O2 are offering an upgrade on my existing tariff of 30GB data, etc for £30 but if I search the 02 website, I can get a new offer for for 100GB for £25... rip off in my opinion, giving new customers better deals!!

I know I can order the new sim tariff, but I can't cancel my old one and don't want to be double charged.

I need the data to be able to talk to family during isolation at the moment, can someone please advise me? @Martin-O2   @Marjo 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You can take the new tariff then ask customer service to migrate your old number. That will then end your current contract and your new bill will contain any adjustments.

Message 2 of 8

bekcol93
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't get through to customer service though, Ive been trying for days

Message 3 of 8

O2Hannah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there!

This shouldn't be the case! We give new and upgrading customers the same deals to make it fair.

If you log into your My O2 account throught the app or on the website, you can actually upgrade to an even better deal! We are currently offering 100GB for £20 on a 12 month basis.

That also includes a 6 month free extra, including Disney+!! No need to start a new contract slight_smile Just upgrade your current one.

Let me know if you need further help.

Hannah

signature
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@bekcol93 

You need to follow the upgrade path in your MyO2 NOT the tariff change.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

bekcol93
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Hannah, thanks! I tried on my phone and my computer to see what deals were on offer, and via my 'upgrade' option, there was only the 30GB for £30. But I now can see the 100GB for £20, thanks! Do you know this - when I get my new sim deal via post, if I try and call up then or do it via the text iption to keep my number the same, will the old sim deal be cancelled?

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

You need to call up hen you get the new sim. Assk to migrate and that will end the old contract

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@bekcol93 

When you upgrade your contract just transfers to the new tariff.

No new sim cards or cancellations required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8