Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill

Harrysmum2008
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a final bill?  I very briefly left O2 in September but still haven't received a final bill and have no access to my old account as I've been set up with different login details and can no longer access the old one.  I've tried phoning customer service but there's a 30 minute wait!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Harrysmum2008

Normally within 14 days according to info in this link

We’ll send you a final bill within 14 days of the disconnection date. This bill will show a credit for line rental you may have paid in advance and any charges for calls, text, MMS or interactive services that were outside of your allowances.
http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),t...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It will have been taken by DD.
Check your bank statements, but you should still be able to log into the old account using your old details and then by clicking on "disconnected bill"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The only payment taken from my account is for the new account number.  I can't get into my old account as customer services very kindly tried to swap my email address over and now I don't have access.  I suppose I'll have to phone them again but I really can't be bothered to hold for over half an hour!  It wouldn't be so bad if the hold music (which is actually quite decent) wasn't so loud it's distorted.

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 4 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like you've no choice then I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 17

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The direct debit is still active so that's not a problem.  I'm just worried the muppets will cut off my new account as they set it up incorrectly in the first place!  Customer service used to be pretty good - I've got no complaints when you can get through but the wait times are stupid, I didn't even call at peak time.  

Thanks for your help and rant over!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 6 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Harrysmum2008 it does sound as if you will need to ring them and speak to someone. You don't want to risk them cutting off your new account. Usually 8-8.30am is the best time to get through. Good luck..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They won't cut off the new phone as it's not linked to the old account, but, they will slap you with a default.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you actually owe anything, of course.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

Harrysmum2008
  • 50 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks again.  The first bill for the new account has been paid by direct debit so no problem there and the direct debit is still in place for the old account so no problem there either.

The last payment taken on my old account was on 20th September and covered the period from 6th Sept to 5th Oct (I think) and the account was disconnected on 20th Sept.  I'm now thinking O2 could owe me money as there were no extra charges as I never go over my allowance.  If they do, I hope it's easier to get back from them than it is Vodafone!

Formerly Traceyjs1975!
Message 10 of 17