Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending contract

Blancey
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying to work my way through this is a mine field so any help would be appreciated ! I have a monthly contract o2 refresh unlimited 24m 3G. 

I am able to upgrade device  from 10 November 2018 and my contract renewal date is 18 nov 2018

if I want to leave o2 around that time what is the best way to do that seamlessly 

I will be wanting to take my custom to a sim only with another network 

I have already requested my phone to be unlocked although that hasn’t happened yet ! 🙄

i know  I will need a new sim from new network and also a PAC code from o2 

do do I have to give 30 days notice on the contract for example ? I am trying to work it so i don’t end up paying for a service I am not using ! 

Any help/tips would be appreciated ! 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you ask for your pac code they should give it to you as I assume the device plan payment will come as part of the final bill

Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27661 Solutions
You can request it at any time but it's only valid for 30 days.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Blancey
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I read somewhere that if you request and activate ur new sim with the PAC code a day or two before ur contract ends then u will b charged an early termination fee ???? I just feel you cannot win with this they will always find a way to charge you for leaving no matter what you do !!! 😡😡😡😡😡

Message 13 of 17

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27661 Solutions
That is correct, but the early termination fee, in that instance, would be one or two days worth of your monthly bill, so if you paid £30 a month it would be £1 a day.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 17

Blancey
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah ok well I could love with that !! 😂😂👍👍 thanks again - great advice and support on here ! X 

Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27661 Solutions
We do our best wink

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are welcome & welcome to the forum
Message 17 of 17