cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading - Disgusted with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was disgusted to find out the other day that I am unable to downgrade my monthly tariff. I don't use anywhere near the amount of minutes I get and yet they wont allow me to downgrade.

I have 2 contracts with O2 and have been a customer for as long as I can remember a they do nothing to keep customers happy or to help keep costs down in the current financial climate. I have put up with their disruptions in the past and never complained.

All these things along with the recent notification of the price increase have made my mind up to not upgrade or renew my contract when its up. I will do everything I can to buy my myself out of my contract and go to another competitor, yes it may cost me in the short term but long term it will be cheaper, I'll be valued and treated a lot more than O2 treat their customers and therefore happier.

Well done O2 for losing yet another customer!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Im sorry to hear your so disappointed with 02.

Im surprised to hear they cannot lower your tariff as they are normally helpful.

Are you just into your contract or you may be on the lowest tariff for the handset etc you chose.

Unfortunatley lots of people nowadays choose the tariff that gets them the handset they want and then realise its too expensive each month, and they are not using it to its full advantage.

Im not saying this is you but its happening !

Yes you could buy yourself out of your contract and as you know this is expensive.

Ive known poeple 'sell' their contract to a family member or friend. In otherwords the fireind or family member take over the use of the sim and pay you the monthly costs. You obviously have to trust this person.

You could sell your handset to raise further funds to pay off the contract and then open up another contract with another network, although you may want to visit the other networks forums as the grass is not always greener on the other side !

Hope all goes well.

Message 2 of 5

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Sometimes people go for the tariff that makes the phone free and not consider the consequences of having to pay it for 24 months. Still, shiny shiny me wantee 😉

However, the rules changed back in March this year so you can no longer downgrade the tariff.  If you signed after this then you have no chance but you may if it was before. Previously you could only change at the midway point of the contract and only down to the next level which happens to be about £5.

BoB more or less summarised it correctly with the other networks. There is another thread (Price hike I think) that has pointed out that o2 has been the last of the operators to do things.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are many threads here about the price hike, they need to be merged or deleted & one thread for all posts

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vodafone also no longer permit customers to downgrade their tariffs during the minimum contract term.

Its also the same with EE!

Message 5 of 5