cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decreasing Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought an iPhone in late November last year on a 24 month contract. The contract terms clearly state that after half of the minimum term (24mnths) has passed, I will be able to downgrade the tariff if I want to. Now 12 months have passed, I should now be able to do this. I have tried contacting O2. The first person said I cannot do this, and when I quoted from the terms and conditions (the link to which was accessed via 'my O2'), she proceeded to ignore me for 15 minutes. The second person I spoke to decided that it was appropriate to cut off the chat without any prior notice, claiming he was transferring me to a different department. The third person again tried to tell me I can't do it and when I sent him the link I got directly through O2's website, he told me it was wrong. So either I can upgrade my phone, or the O2 terms and conditions attached to my contract are wrong. Has anyone else encountered anything similar to this? Did you receive the same despicable customer service and what was the outcome?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If you have it in writing, then you have a legitimate cause for complaint. You can use this link to find what you need to make that complaint:                                                                    

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

As I understand it the option to do that was removed in March/April 2012.

You can see the terms for the period of your contract at the base of the page.

It's possible the terms showing in MyO2 are not the correct ones, but that's an error and certainly nothing despicable.

I would make a complaint and see what they can do to help you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I signed up in November 2012 and it's clearly written in the paperwork for the contract. I have also logged into "my O2" and the terms and conditions on there also state that I am able to change tariff to a lower one after half of the contract has passed.
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If you have it in writing, then you have a legitimate cause for complaint. You can use this link to find what you need to make that complaint:                                                                    

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I'm going to complain tomorrow when phone lines re-open. Thank you for the link.
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You're welcome. Please come back to the forum and let us know how you got on. Good luck. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6