• 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Minni
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I cant get through to speak to anyone from o2 can anyone help me with data sharing please
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 7

Minni
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for helping jonsie much appreciated
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

TriciaM
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have two devices on my account registered as being able to share data. It states to start sharing you need to tick a box next to the one you want to share but there are no tick boxes so how do I start sharing?
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@TriciaM 

The lead device needs to be:

• On an O2 Refresh Airtime Plan taken out after 28 February 2014 with 1 GB or above and a Shared

Data Bolt On. If you take out a new O2 Refresh tariff, you can choose this Bolt On from the start. If

you're already on a compatible O2 Refresh tariff,you can swap your normal data Bolt On for a

Shared Data Bolt On.

• Registered on My O2

Each member device needs to be:

• On a new O2 Refresh or compatible Sim only tariff

• Registered in the leader device owners name and My O2 profile. 

There are a number of different tariffs available for Sharer Data and these are known as Sharer Plans. There are two main types of tariff for customers that want to create a Sharer group: Leader tariffs (also known as ‘Leader Sharer Plans’) and Member tariffs (also know ‘Member Sharer Plans’). Details of these are listed below:

Only the Leader's data allowance is shared.

Only UK data can be shared.

If the Leader of a group is roaming, their Sharer Data allowance will still be available for all Members to use from the UK. If a Member is roaming, they will not be able to use the Leader's allowance and the standard data roaming charges for their price plan will apply.

Out of allowance charges apply as set out in the applicable price plans for all Leader and Member connections.

Leader Sharer Plans

Leader Sharer Plans are compatible with the following tariffs with 1GB or above:

• Any Refresh 
• Any SIMO 

All Leaders must have a Sharer Data bolt-on in order to share their data.

If a customer has taken out a tariff with 1GB or above they will need to swap their core data bolt-on for a Sharer bolt-on. 

Member Sharer Plans

Member Sharer Plans are available as either Voice & Text or Access to Share Data-only variants.

Voice & Text (all with unlimited calls & texts):

• Refresh (24 month) - £15.00
• SIMO (12 month) - £15.00
• SIMO (30 day) - £18.00

Access to Share Data-only (all with 100 texts):

• Refresh (24 month) - £6.00
• SIMO (30 day) - £8.00

Notes:

Other additional products & services - such as O2 Travel - can be added to, or removed from, individual accounts (either Leaders or Members) without any impact on the Sharer group. These products & services will only be available for the mobile number to which they were added so other connections within the group will not be able to use or benefit from them.

This also applies to data roaming caps. Adding a cap, or opting out of it, only affects that individual mobile number so any other connections within the group need to be updated individually as required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7