Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Uel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the first time ever, my phone warned me that I'd used up 80% of my data usage - I usually only use about 10%, and for this monthly I have mainly been at home and using wifi. I have looked up the data usage and the top user is com.motorola.ccc, that app accounts for 99% of the 80% of data I've used. Does anyone know what this app is? It's all been used as 'background'. The only thing I've done outside of wifi is download a new app (but I would have thought that would show under Google Play Store).

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Uel See if this helps you: Motorola Notifications App - moto g5 plus - Motorola Support - US

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Uel 

If you turn off your mobile data when connected to wifi, it will prevent your phone from using your mobile data at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Uel

com.motorola.ccc is used for OTA (over the air) updates to your device, this deals with both OS and Security Updates, so at one point your device has updated and the wifi has dropped.

It cant be stopped or removed.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 7

Uel
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks

I didn't think this would happen as my Auto update apps setting in Google Play is set to Update only over wi-fi.....is there another setting for general OS/security updates? Or as another post says, do I need to turn off mobile data when I'm on wi-fi (I can see me forgetting to turn it back on again and off again!)

Message 5 of 7

Uel
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply, I'm in the UK so not applicable, but you were not to know...
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Uel 

I suspect system updates would also have a switch for wifi / data so check that, but you can quickly turn off / on mobile data from the notification bar.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7