Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash SIM. IMPORTANT!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

Just so you are aware 

My SIM had crash , so i went to an O2 shop to solve the problem as i cound't do any calls and i have plenty of balance in it. In the shop they told me if i want to recover the phone number i have to provide three answers: credit leaft,last top up and frequent number; I diden't know the amount leaft  as i use Pay&Go, last top up diden't remember i do it over the phone , frequent number my wife's . 

So in the shop what they told me was that i have to sign a contract for a month and that is the only way to recover the number. 

So i did that, Obviously i lost all my bolts ons.

Closer to a month later  i went to the O2 shop to change the contract to Pay &Go . In the shop they gave me another second SIM and sim number to call customer service to activate in 24hours. When i did that customer service ask me for the temporary number of the newest SIM; but they diden't gave me.

So what Customer service told me was , that the O2 Shop did know all my details,number,credit,top up date; so instead of swaping my crashed SIM they set me a contract for their benefit. And after many calls and anger ,waste of time finally I recovered my original number. But i am still waiting for my credit to be put back  in my phone, and clear the phone numbers from the Monthly contract which i don't have.

The worst thing was; that O2 Shop wanted  me to set a contract for a monthly payment for the internacional SIM on top of the contract already set.

Very disapointedSmiley Mad

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's disgusting behaviour from the shop and totally incorrect of them.
I'd go straight to the official complaints procedure http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good grief. I have no idea how they have managed to get away with that. Akin to fraud... Maybe @Toby could offer some help here?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like the shop is more interested in meeting its targets rather than doing what's best for the customer.

Message 4 of 9

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about this. Please send me a private message and we can look into this for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the interest. What i noticed now The O2 did removed all the temporary numbers they gave me from my account and i lost all my balance during this proces £24 . Is this for the profits of O2 as well as for the Shop?. During this many calls to O2 customer service , they told that what the Shop did was wrong and for no excuses i have being attended by 3 different staff one of them the Shop manager. This O2 shop is located in Gravesend .
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Terrible service.....
Have you sent a PM to Toby as requested?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Big time screw up and the problem being that once things go wrong o2 seem inept in many ways to put things right. 

Message 9 of 9